- Nornickel’s project to reduce sulphur dioxide and manufacture carbonneutral nickel won Snob project’s “Made in Russia” award.
- Nornickel is the founder of the Cultural Evolution category in the annual HR Brand of the Year award by HeadHunter starting from 2019. In this category, the Company selects the best corporate culture development project. In 2021, the winner was Moscow Industrial Bank with the project named “Challenge accepted! Creating a new history of the bank”.
- The international cultural project FusioNNow launched by Nornickel was rated as the best one in the Development and Promotion of Territories category of the Silver Archer National Public Relations Award.
- The Company’s CSR and HR projects won the best prize in four categories of the Crystal Pyramid 2021 contest, including two Grand Prix.
- The Company’s young talent management projects were winners and runners-up in two categories of the Graduate Awards 2021 nationwide competition.
- 1st place in the Best Social Well-Being Programme category at the EMPLOYEE WELL-BEING AWARDS 2021 for the Company’s corporate social policy project.
- InterComm 2021 international
corporate communications award:
- 1st place in the People and Technology category for the Digital Nornickel project for a communications programme supporting a corporate educational initiative to develop digital competencies and digital literacy;
- 2nd place in the Common Denominator category for Nornickel — Shared Services Centre’s Nickelisation — a platform for motivation and recognition project.
- Winner of the Effective Education Award 2021 with the Digital Nornickel project.
- The Social Investments in Future Education practice published on the UN DESA SDG Good Practices website at https://sdgs.un.org/partnerships/ social-investments-future-education (School Break educational project and IMAKE League project).
- Gold award with the Those Who Care change management programme in the mineHR category of the MINEX Russia mining forum.
- Winner of the INVESTMENT LEADERS AWARD in the Best Business Financial Support Programme category for running an interest-free loans contest in the Pechengsky District
- 1st place in the 12th competition to recognise the Best Event Team According to the Russian Association of Communications and Corporate Media Directors, Best Social Event category for We Are the City! Picnic project.
- Investments in developing a healthy country. Best corporate practices All-Russian competition: Best Project — Nornickel’s Corporate Sports in the Sports Culture Development category.
- 8th All-Russian Creating the Future competition that promotes best sociohumanistic practices:
- VIII Всероссийский конкурс лучших практик работодателей в социогуманитарной сфере «Создавая
- 2nd place in the Head Start category for the Corporate Sports project
- Winner in the Community of Communities category of the 8th All-Russian Creating the Future competition that promotes best socio-humanistic practices with Plant of Goodness, a project to develop employees in the community.
- Certificate of honour from the Mayor of Monchegorsk for implementing the Add Colours to your Town project successfully.
- Those Who Care change management programme — winner of the IPWeek international competition
- Monchegorsk was named the corporate volunteering capital at the Champions of Goodness national contest.
- Nornickel’s social investments were recognised as the most efficient ones in the research named «Business and Territories: a New Stage of Relationship» conducted by experts of the Centre for Strategic Research and the Platform Centre for Social Design.
- In a GlobalData Plc survey, Nornickel ranked second in terms of the share of female employees (29.4%) among global mining companies.
- Nornickel’s corporate sports development programme was recognised as the best in Russia in the Investments in Developing a Healthy Country All-Russian competition.
- Nornickel ranked second in the social performance rating among Russia’s largest industrial companies by the Institute of Strategic Communications and Social Projects.
- In the Creating the Future competition of socio-humanistic practices, Nornickel’s Plant of Kindness LIVE, a corporate volunteering programme, was recognised as the best one in the Community of Communities category, and Nornickel’s corporate sports programme came second in the Head Start category.
- The World of Taimyr grant competition implemented as part of the World of New Opportunities corporate programme won the second prize in the Social Projects category of GPM Awards Russia 2021, a national competition for professional project management in the field of sustainable development.
- The IT project named «System for improving the efficiency of the process of maintenance and repair of equipment (TORO) using SAP Process Mining by Celonis» implemented by Nornickel and RAMAX Group was recognised as the best IT solution in metallurgy and continuous production at the Global CIO expert community competition.
- Nornickel’s projects became winners of the IPWeek 2021 International Improvement Project Competition. A joint project of Nornickel’s Polar Division and the Corporate University — Project Development School 4.0 involving Nornickel’s SSC — won the Grand Prix.
- The City Online digital platform by Edinstvo (Nornickel Group) was recognised as the best digital solution for Smart City by ComNews Awards. Best Solutions for the Digital Economy.
- The US-based Forbes presented Blockchain 50 2021, a new ranking of 50 major companies that actively use blockchain technology. Only one Russian company, Nornickel, made it to the list.
Awards of Nornickel’s employees
- Nornickel took key positions in the Institutional Investor 2021 Emerging EMEA Executive Team ranking.
- According to the Top-1,000 Managers
ranking by the Russian Managers
Association and Kommersant
- Vladimir Potanin, President of the Company, has once again been included in the Business Leaders list;
- Marianna Zakharova, First Vice President, Corporate Governance, Asset Management and Legal Affairs, tops the list of the best chief legal officers;
- Larisa Zelkova, Senior Vice President, HR, Social Policy and Public Relations, came first among directors for public relations and corporate communications.
- Andrey Grachev, Vice President, Federal and Regional Programmes, topped the list of directors for government relations;
- Sergey Malyshev, Senior Vice President, CFO, came second in the CFO ranking.
- Nornickel’s female employees received the Talented Woman in the Extractive Industry award established by the Russian branch of Women in Mining, an international organisation, supported by Nornickel.
- In 2021, 48 employees received government awards and 243 were presented with awards from various ministries and agencies. 1,782 employees received regional and municipal awards, 314 received Nornickel’s corporate awards, and 1,920 people received internal awards at facilities. In 2021, a total of 4,307 of the Company’s employees were awarded.
Sustainability reporting awards*
- MarCom Awards 2021 — Platinum Award in the Corporate Social Responsibility Report category and Gold Award in the Corporate Social Responsibility Report Design category.
- LACP Vision Awards Spring 2021 — silver award in the Sustainability Report category.
- Moscow Exchange’s Annual Report Competition — nominee (prize winner) in the Best CSR and Sustainability Report category.
- Annual Report Contest by RAEX (Expert RA) — winner in the Best Environmental Report category*.
- Visionaries. Change Management award — 1st place in Best Sustainability Report in Line with Non-Financial Reporting Standards category;
- RSPP’s 2020 Leaders of Russian Business: Dynamics and Responsibility contest (nominee in the High Quality of Reporting on Sustainable Development nomination).